Perception, reaction & mindfulness

Hypnosis-SS-e1368412212367Codie Surratt, PsychCentral: I am frequently asked "What is mindfulness?"

I start by saying something poignant like "It's being aware and in the present moment" or "It's about allowing each experience to wash over us like a cool spring rain, without attachment or judgments." I love these answers and they generally tend to spawn a lively conversation about experiences, judgment and simply allowing ourselves to be present.

Mindfulness, though, is also about perception and reaction. Here's what I mean…

I love Viktor Frankl, the Austrian neurologist and psychiatrist who survived a World War II concentration camp. He is a genuine hero of mine…

Read the original article »

Read More @ Source



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Centerville fair offers alternative health practices

Radha Soami Satsang Beas loses another believer

Gurinder Singh's son become CEO of Religare subsidiary