The human brain is a mini-universe. Trust it. Explore it.

I had a thought today...

Which came out of my brain...

The thought was about my brain...

My brain was thinking about itself, which is...

So cool!

The outer world entrances us. We spend most of our time and energy focused on what lies beyond the contents of our cranium. Yet the brain is indeed the most complex object in the universe. 

Aside from the universe itself.

The human brain is truly awesome.

A typical, healthy one houses some 200 billion nerve cells, which are connected to one another via hundreds of trillions of synapses. Each synapse functions like a microprocessor, and tens of thousands of them can connect a single neuron to other nerve cells. In the cerebral cortex alone, there are roughly 125 trillion synapses, which is about how many stars fill 1,500 Milky Way galaxies.

Anyway, back to my thought...

What if, whether we're religiously or scientifically or otherwise-minded, this amazingly complex mini-universe of the human brain, which really isn't part of us, but is us, contains The Secret we yearn to know, even though we don't really know what we're looking for, have no idea where this mystery can be found, and wouldn't recognize it even if we stumbled across it?

By which I mean to say, assuming this second saying is any more meaningful than my first attempt...

What if we simply relaxed, and told ourselves (who are our brains), "I trust you; show me; surprise me; bubble up into consciousness The Secret lurking inside those billions of nerve cells and trllions of synapses"?

What would happen? What could happen? What should happen?

I have no idea. I'm just a few neurons sitting on the surface of my brain's conscious awareness typing out some thoughts.

There's a lot more going on beneath the surface of the brain that is me. 

Show me, Me. Surprise me, Me. Just a thought...

Read More @ Source



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Centerville fair offers alternative health practices

Radha Soami Satsang Beas loses another believer

Gurinder Singh's son become CEO of Religare subsidiary